Backend Development Engineer
About The Position
We are looking for a motivated, highly technical Backend development engineer with excellent problem solving and communication skills. You will join a dynamic software development team responsible for creating a large-scale, highly available security system in the cloud. Your focus will be on the development of the server components for SAM's innovative new services and software. You will be part of a team that delivers a microservice-based system handling big data and using AI for analysis, serving millions of end customers around the globe.
Main responsibilities include:
- Design and Implement new features required by our customers
- Improve performance and scale of existing services
- Integration with other team’s components e.g. Mobile Apps, Agents etc.
- 5 years of hands-on experience with the development of a high scale system deployed in the cloud
- Experience with development in Python, familiarity with frameworks like Django/Flask etc.
- Experience with using AWS technologies such as Kinesis, SQS, Lambda etc.
- Experience with containers in general and Docker specifically
- Experience with the Linux/UNIX operating system
- Experience with working with Git
- Knowledge of security and network protocols
- Experience with other cloud platforms
- Experience with ELK